Noise, audiometry, fire and H&S info.
Audiometry and Noise
- The HSE have a dedicated noise and audiometry information section with some good guidance and info.
- Noisemeters.co.uk have a great online exposure calculator and hearing protector suitability assessment tool. They also sell and hire out noise equipment.
- HSE also have some slightly less whizzy but no less effective downloadble noise and hearing protector calculators
- Don't lose the music - audiometry and hearing loss campaign
General health and safety
- The good old HSE site is a good source of information
- Some free downloads and health and safety resources - Health and Safety for Beginners site
- UK Government fire statistics
- Quite industry-specific, but those lovely people at Bournemouth Borough council have a nice simple guide on what to look for when doing risk assessment in hotels.
- If you are looking for photographs of injuries to try and drum a particular risk into people then there are plenty here. Warning: not for the squeamish.
- Video of a fire developing in a normal living room. Its on YouTube but just have a quick Google and there are loads of ways of copying YouTube videos to your comptuer.